The Cross Sector Leadership Exchange
The Cross Sector Leadership Exchange (CSLE) Community Interest Company was established in June 2015; having operated previously as an informal consortium across the Public and Third Sectors since 2011. In line with Government ambition consideration is being given to how the programmes delivered by the CSLE CIC might link with the Private Sector.
We believe excellent leaders working together across the sectors are more effective in delivering higher quality services to the public.
We are a not for profit community interest company that brings together leaders from different sectors to challenge and develop their leadership by:
Being exposed to very different perspectives and approaches
Deepening their understanding of the wider system
Challenging their current thinking and approaches
Discovering opportunities to change and innovate
Creating new partnerships and leadership networks
We are currently discussing our 2018 events with our strategic partners. Further information will be published in due course.
Collaborative Leader - Basildon and Thurrock NHS University Trust (20-21 November 2018) A succesful event was hosted at Basildon Hopital. A copy of the speakers slides are shown here:
Ugandan Leadership Challenge Working with PEPAL, the CSLE deliver The Uganda Pioneers Challenge . This is a seven-day executive training programme that provides participants with hands-on experience of working in Uganda. It partners UK public and voluntary sector professionals with leaders from the Ugandan health sector to create joint teams that work together to improve service delivery at health centres in some of the most remote and deprived regions of Western Uganda. Our latest programe was from 15th to 23rd September 2018. Please look at this presenation at https://youtu.be/XHxk70NbUkQ prepared by one of our UK delegates. For further information go to the Pepal website at http://www.pepal.org/uganda-leadership-pioneers/ . If you might be intetested in being a UK delegate in 2019 please email firstname.lastname@example.org To see an interesing video of a previous Uganda Leadership Challenge please go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTryPFptuBc. For other examples of the work please see the following blogs https://inside.nhsbt.nhs.uk/blog/odt/welcome-to-a-week-in-uganda-isaacs-guest-blog/42955/#more-42955 https://inside.nhsbt.nhs.uk/blog/odt/planning-and-dreaming-with-inspirational-colleagues-eyalama-uganda/42822/ https://inside.nhsbt.nhs.uk/blog/odt/are-we-together-what-pioneering-in-uganda/42662/
The 4th CSLE Annual Leadership Summit took place at the Jury’s Inn Hotel, Birmingham on Tuesday 9th May 2017.
Key speakers focused on the theme of Collaborative Leadership and Asset Based Community Development, supported by a World Cafe style presentation where public sector leaders provided a series of interactive presentations centred on real experiences.
Our core work
The overall strategic intent of the Company is that we will:
• encourage collaborative working to deliver efficiencies,
• help delegates to develop a greater awareness of key challenges facing leaders who deliver services to the public,
• encourage a better understanding of the nature of systems leadership and cross sector solutions to complex problems,
• create a forum for leaders to safely work together and critically think through cross-sector collaborative solutions to the challenges facing the public services,
• provide an opportunity for senior leaders to challenge current approaches and stimulate ‘blue-sky thinking’ in a cross-sector environment,
• increase the performance of leaders and organisations,
• operate as far as possible on a cost-neutral basis and at minimum cost to participants and organisers,
• share training resources, venues, assessors, mentors, coaches and leadership development expertise,
• encourage leaders to deal with real problems with real colleagues and to design and implement real solutions, which will in turn develop their leadership behaviours.